Saturday, August 02, 2008

READY FOR THE WEEKEND!

All day today has been Friday and when I try to do Friday things, like calling about an account status, I get a voice mail message telling me to "call back during regular business hours". Oh yeah, I remember, this is Saturday. I have been so ready for the weekend! Now here it is and I have spent my early Saturday morning trying to do early Friday morning things. But thanks to that voice mail message I am back on track and I am saying, "Hello Weekend! Nice to see you."

Even though I am retired when each day can often run into another and I have to look at the calendar to see what day it is, I almost always know when it is the weekend. There was always magic in the weekend when I was working full-time and I have taken some of that magic with me into retirement.

What the weekend magic is for me:

**Saturday mornings are for Farmer's Market, with it's tastings, shopping and people watching.
**Saturday afternoons are for being laid back, time out doors and reading for fun.
**Sunday mornings (late) are for reading newspaper (only certain sections), listening to light
classical music and champagne and strawberries.
**Sunday afternoons are for cooking something gourmet special, writing out next week's things
to do list and, if I am lucky, getting to talk with one of my kids.

One of the blogs that I look at especially on the weekends when I have more time for just surfing the Internet is Grammology.com and this is what I found there this morning:

Happy Weekend
www.grammology.com - Saturday, 02 August 2008


In case you might have forgotten, it is the weekend. Hope yours is a good one!

No comments: