Friday, June 15, 2007

High School Reunion and Graduation--Oh My

The year I turned 50, my father died and my first granddaughter was born. This year I just attended that granddaughter's high school graduation and in August I shall be attending my 50 year high school reunion. Oh My! I have spent some time pondering about which of these events make me feel old.



I have decided that it is not the events that happen to me that make me feel old.



What does make me feel old is the amount of time it takes my joints to warm up and move about in the morning.



What does make me feel old is the amount of time that it takes my extra gained weight to come off now when I lost weight fairly easily with Weight Watchers just 20 years ago.



What does make me feel old is the amount of time that it takes me to retrieve information from the files in my brain when I know that it is "right on the tip of my tongue".

What does make me feel old is when I am filling out some form and they ask me to check the box for my age category and I find the last box they have listed is 50+. (Do they just automatically lump everyone from 50 to 90 in the same category?)

Oh My!

Retired and ready to___________________(you fill in your own blank).

No comments: